Thursday 23 April 2009

Thursday 23rd April 2009

2 ARCTIC TERNS spent a whole 1 minute on the lake today , before flying off west ! , 1st record of the year , also 2 BARN SWALLOWS south , 10 Great Crested Grebes , 1 1st Summer Black Headed Gull , 2 Blackcaps, 1 Willow Warbler, 2 Sparrowhawks and the Cettis still

Evening Update - 1ST FOR FURZTON (!)

Innocently I was listening to the TREECREEPER that was singing in small wood ( just south of the lake by the football pitch ) without realising that this was in fact a FIRST for the site (!) this is the first time I have been around the Woods and Stream section this year , hence another 1st for the year was also encountered , a smart singing GOLDCREST , 2 CHIFFCHAFFS and 2 BLACKCAPS were also singing in Small Wood. I also had only my 2nd ever COMMON BUZZARD over , this was flying South East , quite high.

3 Herring Gulls were present over the Lake , Ad, 1st Summer and 3rd Summer

The Furzton List now stands at 121 , with the 2009 List @ a healthy 64.

My own personal Furzton list stands at 108.

Cheers

FB

2 comments:

  1. Hi. A brisk morning walk at the lake produced my 1st Chiffchaff of the year & ever! I also had a great view of Male Blackcap singing by the stream. I don't know when Blackcap arrive, but looking back, I've a record of 1 on 22nd Feb. Is this early?

    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roy

    Many Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs overwinter in the MK area , so its difficult to assess when the "migrants" arrive , but most dont start singing til early April and then numbers swell considerably from mid April , glad you got to grips with Chiffchaff at last !

    Cheers

    Si

    ReplyDelete